Pioneer DVR-XD09 External Slim Portable USB 2.0 DVD/CD Writer

Pioneer DVR-XD09 External Slim Portable USB 2.0 DVD/CD Writer Reviews



More Picture


I bought this drive last week from Best Buy's for . br /It's cheaper here, but the Best Buy one was made on Dec. 2009, not June 2009.br /I only used it for 2 days, so here it is:br /br /**Portability: 10/10br /It's as light as a thin paperback book!br /Go find one hold it. Can you get any lighter than this with ? br /br /**Ease of Use: 9/10br /You could use it with Windows XP, Vista, or 7.br /If you have Windows 7 like me, you have to wait about 10 minutes while it installs drivers and such. br /After that, it's "plug-n-play".br /br /**Additional Software: 7/10br /The Nero 8 Essentials seems fast and took 15 min to download while the "Nero securediskviewer" took about 12 min.br /I'm sure you could do without the Nero, but I wanted to try it out. (I still haven't, but I'll update this in a few months.) I still thought that the Nero took a little longer than I would've liked to download.br /A small warning: The Nero 8 does take more space than I would've liked. (I like to keep my D drive as empty as possible.)br /br /**Sounds Heat: 8/10br /There is NO heat.br /However, it makes this annoying humming and high "whoooo" sound when it's working hard.br /br /**Design: 10/10br /Unlike most usb external optical drives, this one opens up!br /You get to see what you're working with and adjust the cd/dvd accordingly. br /The "Open" button doesn't work when there's isn't any power, so turn it over and find the little button on the lower back of the drive, press it the opposite way, and and the drive cover should kinda click up.br /I like it this way because it's safer when a cd/dvd jams up freezes -- you could just yank out the 2 usb cables from the computer/laptop, WAIT until you hear the disk stop spinning, and take it out (using the way I just described).br /Plus, it is NOT a fingerprint magnet. You can see oily fingerprints if you tip it at a certain angle, but other than that, the somewhat metallic gray finish hides everything.br /br /All in all, I give this drive a 9/10.br /It's thin, well designed built, portable, and is at a decent price.br /(I highly recommend it for beginning to intermediate computer users.)br /br /Buy it! You won't regret it!br /(at least most of you won't)br /br /br /

Pioneer DVR-XD09 External Slim Portable USB 2.0 DVD/CD Writer Feature

  • Slim Portable External DVD/CD Writer retail (incl.
  • Dvd-r-drives
  • Advanced Disc Repair System
One of the world's smallest and lightest DVD/CD Writers


Go tO Store Now !!

More Products

More Reviews

Ultra Portable.. with a minor problem.. for me. - Jackson Jackson - Brooklyn
This Pioneer DVD drive is the smallest/lightest/thinest of the ones i bought/tried. I have tried the HP which is good but a bit more pricier. I tried an old LaCie which works sometimes. I'm using it on my Apple MacBook Pro 15", 3,1 A1226 Mid/Late 2007. So far the drive is working perfectly. Since i have an Apple computer, i cant run the included software, but Nero is generally a good company and their software is top notch, if you pay for it, free ones will do the job but limited. br /br /The bottom of the drive is metal and the lid is plastic. Bottom will attract some fingerprints but the top is matte so it looks and feels good. br /br /The only problem i have and kind of hate with all these drive manufacturers is the USB cable that is bundled, doesnt work for me 95% of the time. My problem actually lies with Apples's design. Apple being Apple, put USB ports on either sides, having one of each side. Good if you have a huge thumb drive. Bad if you want to use DVD drive. br /br /The LaCie had two separate cables a power and a usb which was good but it didnt work well with my Mac. The HP worked good but the USB cable is a Y-Cable with two USB ports on the end. The cable was just long enough for it to plug it if i ran it over the top keyboard, which made typing inconvenient and putting it on the bottom might cause problems because the aluminum bottom gets HOT. So for the Pioneer DVR-XD09 has a Y-Cable too. unfortunately, its even shorter with the total distance of 5". Yeah.. now I'm running it using an usb extension cord. br /br /Its a good drive and since the built-in drive is broken on my laptop, i have no other choice and it is one of the better choices out there. Should try to find a shorter extension cord than my current 3' long one. br /br /br /br /The drive pictured isnt the XD09, should be the older version.

dvd/cd - ethics - NY
If you do not have a multi system and would like to see foreign films, on your apple, have this Pioneer DVR-XD09 External Slim Portable USB 2.0 DVD/CD Writer


Nov 02, 2010 03:50:05

0 comments:

Post a Comment